Support for the Community Economic Development Program provided by:
With many entrepreneurs who are low income and smaller nonprofits lacking funds and facing other barriers, their for profit and nonprofit enterprises are often at risk because they do not have sufficient resources to pay for basic legal assistance about liability risks, corporate governance matters, contract and employment issues. Having the appropriate knowledge and expertise in these areas are essential in launching a successful new business or nonprofit or managing an existing one.
We offer one-on-one legal representation, community legal seminars, and legal counseling sessions. We also offer training sessions for business counselors.
The Community Economic Development Program can help you if:
- You want to start a small business or nonprofit
- You have an existing small business or non profit
- Tracy James, Managing Attorney
- Richard Sisson, Paralegal
To open a printable pdf version of the Program Brochure, please click here.
Other Helpful Resources
- Accelerate St. Louis
- Missouri Business Resource Library
- Center for the Acceleration of African American Business
- Grace Hill Women's Business Center
- Justine Petersen
- St. Patrick's Center Begin New Ventures
- MO Department of Economic Development
- U.S Department of Veterans Affairs
- Veterans Business Resource Center
- Small Business Administration
- For more information and resources on how to start and run your business, you can also visit the Missouri Small Business & Technology Development Centers' website (MO SBTDC).